Women’s Bowls NSW COVID-19 update – Friday March 20
The Board of Women’s Bowls NSW met today (20/03/2020) and announce the following:
1. The following events are CANCELLED for 2020 season:
NSW Indoor Singles Qualifying
City vs Country
State Trials (potential for reschedule)
NOTE: Entries received for NSW Indoor Singles Qualifying and State Carnival will be refunded per entry. Please email a copy of the original entry form that was submitted along with:
• Account name
• Bank name
• Account number
Please send this to: email@example.com
Please note entries paid via credit card will have the money refunded to the card provided on initial entry. Entries paid via cheque or EFT will need to provide information per above as we do not supply refunds via cheque. Refunds will not be accepted after COB April 30 2020.
2. The following events are UNDER REVIEW FOR NOW until further notice:
Women’s Bowls NSW State Championships
Women’s Bowls NSW State Pennants (all disciplines and divisions)
Champion Of Club Champions Singles
Champion Of Club Champion Pairs
3. Women’s Bowls NSW advises that ALL umpire and coaching courses are suspended until further notice.
4. Bowls Australia has also announced decisions on the following events:
Australian Open – Cancelled
Australian Indoor – Cancelled
BA Jackeroos Tour – Cancelled
The Nationals – No decision as yet
Australian Multi Disability Championships – No decision as yet
2020 World Championships – Bowls Australia has announced that this has been postponed, with a new potential date to be announced.
NOTE: Please see Bowls Australia website for cancelled/suspended national events.
5. Women’s Bowls NSW continues with its direction that ALL bowling activities be suspended.
This advice includes all association events; club championships; tournaments and social bowls events.
Women’s Bowls NSW does not endorse any club continuing to organise any bowling activities. Those clubs that continue this practice do so at their own risk.
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) clearly states that:
Participants should not attend and participate in community sport if they:
Have travelled internationally or been exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days;
or are at a high risk including the elderly and those with pre existing medical conditions.
Women’s Bowls NSW suspending bowling activities is the administration’s responsible stance as it is paramount to safeguard the health and safety of everyone involved with our sport.
6. Women’s Bowls NSW Board are in constant talks and any new information will be updated following those briefings. All non-essential travel for any Women’s Bowls NSW staff, board and committees will not be undertaken until further notice.
For further COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates please click here.