The new model for affiliation, which will be adopted for 2019/20 and through to at least 2021/22 before being reviewed, is outlined in the dot points below:
- From the 2019/20 year, Women’s Bowls NSW will have two levels of membership, one being Silver membership and one being Gold. The attached list will outline the membership entitlements for each category.
- The Silver membership category will be priced at $60.00 ($1.15 per week) annually per member whilst the Gold category will be $80.00 ($1.53 per week) annually per member.
- Members will have the opportunity to upgrade from the Silver ($60.00) to the Gold ($80.00) midyear however will incur a $30.00 transfer fee and minimum one-week lead time to do so.
- Any female player under the age of 18 will receive Gold membership upon application at no charge. Players will retain free junior membership until the end of that financial year in which they turn 18 years of age.
- Any person who joins Women’s Bowls NSW having not been a member within the previous 24 months will not be charged for affiliation to WBNSW for their first time membership although may still be charged by the club as per their usual policies and fee structures.
- Any member who resigns after receiving membership will not be entitled to a refund of any amount under any circumstance.
- Each club will be charged a single $75.00 membership fee per club annually, in addition to the individual membership rates noted above.
- The Club Financial Relief Program will not be continued in lieu of the return to a per member structure.
- Both the Silver and Gold membership categories will increase at least 3.5% annually unless a club maintains its respective membership levels at which time the increase will be waived as a loyalty reward for the club.
For more information please see WBNSW Memo 343.19.